Re: Selling "free" software.

On Tue, 02 Dec 2008 06:57:23 +1100
Tony Langdon <vk3jed@gmail.com> wrote:

> At 06:38 AM 12/2/2008, Clint Bradford wrote:
> >If the seller has taken text descriptions directly from another's Web
> >site without permission, they are in violation of copyright law.
>
> If that is the case, these are the issues that need to be dealt with.

Well, I don't have any explicit copyright statements on my websites, so
I don't think I can claim any legal copyright. Anyway, people are free
to use the contents. Of course, thanks to my naivety, I didn't expect
to see them being used this way.

In my opinion, it is not a question of whether it is legal or not. It
is more about "being nice to your neighbours". I also buy free software
on CDs and DVDs because it can save me download time and in most cases
it will support the development. But selling a CDROM with 10 MByte of
data, which can be downloaded for free... that's also an insult to
the environment :-(

73
Alex OZ9AEC