Re: Selling "free" software.

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008 15:50:21 -0800 (PST)
Jim Jerzycke <kq6ea@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Hah! You'll get no argument from me on that point.
> Now if the repackager adds something to it, like a nice "HOWTO" for
> setting it up and running it, and a list of links to other satellite
> resources, then they've added some value to it, and (I think) would
> be justified in charging a bit more. I haven't seen the auction, but
> I'll go look for it. 73, Jim

Well, I've had the chance of inspecting one of these CDROMs. The only
"added value" I saw was an installer script that unpacked a ZIP file. I
don't know how much added value that is... No, what I would call added
value is if they would take my source code and build a windows
executable themselves and take care of the windows port. But of course
they don't do it. Consequently, what they are selling on ebay now is
way out of date compared to latest releases, since I have stopped
making windows versions.

73
Alex OZ9AEC