Re: Mode S thru roof?

Hi Peter,

I think you will be disappointed with the results.  The fluffy oak trees near my house are practically opaque to 2.4 ghz signals, so I imagine that a solid roof will be even worse.  If there is space between the wood strips (vs a solid wood decking), you might have some luck going just through the asphalt.  Water one thing that kills microwave signals, and wood is always wet.  (Concrete is another signal killer, in case that is another option...)

Greg  KO6TH