Re: SO-50 eludes me

John Marranca, Jr wrote:
> Good Morning, all...
>
> Also, it's worth mentioning that AT TIMES, it seems as though the downlink
> frequency is off...by as much as 5 KC.
>
> Anyone else notice that...or am I going crazy?

I put it down to Doppler weirdness, but yes I have noticed that I've had
to tune a good bit below - more than I'd expect.  Since my HT only has
5kHz steps, it's quite hard to judge exactly how many "notches" to
retune by, but on a high pass I've found that AO-51 is three up, three
down from its nominal centre frequency and SO-50 is two up, four down...

Gordon