Re: soundcard modems for pactorIII

On the topic of software piracy, Oscar DJ0MY mentioned ...

> owner of these rights can only enforce them in those countries ...
> It should be therefore easy for one of those very talented ...
> ... programmers to write a software PACTOR III modem variant and
> publish it on a [overseas] web-server to make it publicly available
> ... blah blah blah ...

Oh yes, so easy to justify if you skip all of the steps.  Usually one needs
to decide WHAT one is doing before one decides HOW one will do it.

WHAT: Steal software that is protected under legal rights

HOW:  Just do it overseas whether other amateurs in USA or overseas
      condone stealing and bragging about it on amsat servers.

Most would stop at WHAT ... the stealing ...

> could not leave the bold IP rights statement ...

And, I could not leave the bold stealing IP rights statement uncommented.

There are so many good people on the -bb, where do these others come from?

--
73 de JoAnne K9JKM
k9jkm@amsat.org