Re: ICOM -820 repair :-(

On 24 Nov 2008 at 20:01, Alvaro de Leon Romo wrote:

> Hi , after several years my IC820 have some problem , the radio not respond to instructions about to input the high and low power level and now not transmit :-(
>
> Some one here know what is the better way to fix this radio ? ICOM AMERICA is the best choice ??
> I will fly to Tx so I need the info where  to send the radio to reapair ...
> Is the cost too high ?
>
> Many thanks for your valious time
> Sincerely Al
> XE2AT

Hi AL

I ran into some issues with my Yaesu FT-847 one year ago. He was acting strangely as the processor was corrupted. Someone told me a full
reset can solved my issues and he was right all the menu functions are returning back to their normal state. I don't know if the Icom main
processor can be resetted? but before sending it to the repair shop it's could be something to try.

P.S. Doing a reset make all your memory settings disappear just take note of your settings and other memory parameters before resetting.

"-"

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe