TALKING FAST

I worked KU8L and I don't know if I was his first satellite QSO but glad to welcome him. See his post on being new to the birds. . . . he indicated we talk FAST . . .  well Sebastian, W4AS covered why we do . . . nice comment Sebastian . . . . it is very nice to see newcomers post with comments . . . we need more of that . . . . we also need to lead by example by using intelligent operating procedures . . .  AO51 is a great satellite . . . as Sebastian has pointed out ,  you can rag chew for 10 minutes on AO 7, VO 52 or FO 29 on SSB . . .  AO 16 although not with us much longer, also has some "group discussions" on it . . . .

Keep up the good work . . . . when an expedition to a Grid Square is in operation PLEASE defer to that station who has put in a lot of time, effort and probably expense to give folks a new one . . . the operator of that new GRID  should probably try to announce in some manner that he is operating a Grid Expedition so some who might not know will get the message .

 GRID  EXPEDITION    GRID  EXPEDITION

73  Jim W9VNE