Re: UISS, GO-32 & 9600pbs

John Hackett wrote:

>I'm looking for some sort of 'INDICATOR' for 9600bps
>signals ... (if it's possible).

Hi John,

   I have written a 9600 baud soundcard modem called
Willow which includes a 9600 baud signal quality bargraph
meter and an eye diagram. The bar graph will give you
a visual indication of the received signal (including
packets, good and bad, and even if only HDLC flags are
being received). The eye diagram should look like two
superimposed sine waves that are one hundred eighty
degrees out of phase.

Willow also has some helpful audio indicators that it
will display such as "No audio" or "Too loud" depending
on the audio coming into the soundcard.

And, there's a DCD light which will flicker or light
up solid yellow based on the signal quality.

It also demodulates the 9600 baud AX.25 packets. :-)

You can download a copy of Willow at

http://quagliana.com/willow/WillowSabins.zip

It's free. (The Sabins program is the AO-51 telemetry
program that comes with Willow. It's also free.)

No installation is necessary, just run Willow.EXE and
select "File/Activate Soundcard" to get started.

Let me know if you have any questions, and let me know
what you think of Willow.

Douglas KA2UPW/5