Re: UISS, GO-32 & 9600pbs

Hi John,

{snip}

> I know you can't actually *hear* 9600bps modulation, hence my request for
> an 'indicator'.
>
> I believe one way is that the white (background) noise goes quiet when 9600bps
> is being received.
>
> Confirmation - (or strong denials) - of this would be appreciated from the digital
> experts among us.

I'm by no means an expert on 9600 bps modulation, but the few times I've tried it, I found that there is a different noise-like sound when you have it tuned in, but it definitely does not go quiet.  There's pretty much no way to describe the difference - it's a bit softer, perhaps, maybe a little higher pitched (less low frequency components).  I expect you'll recognize it when you hear it.

Greg  KO6TH