Re: Fort Wayne Hamfest

> For those going to the Fort Wayne,
> Indiana Hamfest this weekend, the AMSAT
> forum is on Saturday at 1pm... and the
> other involves APRS... at 10 am.

Hummh, I don't see a HAMFEST object anywhere near Indiana on the
APRS map.  It would  be nice if a local there put a hamfest
object on the map so that mobiles could see this information on
the front panel of their APRS radios and attached GPS's as shown
here: www.aprs.org/avmap/HFESTx.JPG

That image is the GPS map display and on the front panel of the
radio it would show the talk-in frequency and time of the forum.
Everything you need to know.  By the way, any hamfest in the
world with an APRS object can be found by the simple check of
http://map.findu.com/hfest*. Right now, I only see one, in New
Jersey.

I guess it is getting too cold for hamfests.

Bob, WB4APR