Re: ao-51 radio programming

Eric Fort wrote:
> Thanks to all who responded so far.  These are the frequencies as I
> understand them:

I just stick the up and down frequencies into a memory, and copy the
downlink frequency to the VFO so I can tune in 5kHz steps.

> Does ao-51 need a tone?
>
> also qrp.  is that on the satellite end or the ground station end? (to use
> the qrp mode do I need flea power and a wet string or an LNA cooled by
> liquid helium  and a 305M dish? - ok I'm being facicous but you get the
> idea...)

I use a homebrew "Arrow"-type antenna with a 3-element 2m yagi and a
5-element 70cm yagi, HB9ABX diplexer and a Kenwood TH-F7E.  It's light
and portable enough to aim by hand.

You need a 67Hz subtone to activate the repeater.

Gordon