Re: AO 51 dimensions

>AO 51 is approximately 9 inches wide by 9 inches long and 9 inches
>deep. About a half cubic foot in volume. Something like a 12 pack of
>beer . . . . The ISS by contrast is 10,000,000 cubic feet or 20
>million times bigger  than AO51. . . . ISS is only up 200 miles or
>1,000,000 feet. I believe that AO51 is up 400 miles which would be
>2,000,000 + feet. I can stand to be corrected on the AO51 height.
>You can see the ISS visually in a clear and dark sky. It is big
>enough and I encourage you to look for it. It is distinguished from
>other objects by its speed across the sky. Maybe you have seen it already.

Jim,

No contest on ISS, I started visuals on MIR....I think in 1980...

I was questioning those that saw AO51!!!

I used celestial navigation in WWII to find my way back to the
carrier in WWII...  I certainly do not claim to be an astrophysicist
or any of the disciplines. but I think a simple question deserves a
simple answer...

Maybe I'm on the wrong page??

            73, Dave, WB6LLO
                dguimon1@san.rr.com