Re: Neked-eye viewing

On 6 Nov 2008 at 15:23, n3tl@bellsouth.net wrote:

 I recently picked up a pair of Nikon zoom binoculars (10x-25x x 50mm) for wide-field viewing, and I'm going to try to "find" our FM LEO
satellites in the night sky with
 them in the coming days and weeks. I will not see them from here with my naked eye.

> 73 to all,
>
> Tim - N3TL

AO-40 is much bigger and at perigee about +-1000KM if i remember correctly i don't even believe you will be able to see it and when i say
"see it" i should better say swishing it as the closer you are the fastest he will pass.

With all the rumours going around AO-40 couple of years ago. Nobody has never been able to confirm if he is still in one piece or in pieces
there is surely a way with the proper equipment to confirm this? Visually or by other mean... If a spy satellite is able to see a text in
the Pravda over the shoulder of someone, can they see on the other side!  the space one?

P.S.Could be we enter in some sort of Ham fiction HAMFI...

"-"

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe