Station Recommendations

Hello everyone,
I am fairly new to the armature radio hobby and am in the market for a
station.  I have all but decided on an icom ic-7000 all mode/most band
transceiver.  But I have recently been experimenting with some of the
easy sats (ao-51,iss,etc) and wanted to know if anyone here has used
the ic-7000 for some light satellite work and how it works for this
purpose.

Thank you,
--
Josh Smith