Re: help with wisp

laura halliday wrote:
> Gordon wrote about WiSP and some other programs:
>
>> Yes, but they're Windows-only, and there is no source code available.  I
>> don't want to have to buy a very expensive piece of software (which is
>> closed-source, and therefore insecure and unmaintainable) to run another
>> piece of closed-source software.
>
> If you see a need, start writing. This software doesn't appear
> magically, out of nowhere. Somebody has to write it. Why can't
> that somebody be you?

I'll just add that to the dozen or so other open-source projects I
actively maintain, then ;-)

Seriously, I'm quite happy to kick off a project if others are willing
to share some of the work.  I really wanted a decent APRS client for
Linux, and I thought that maybe an APRS-IS viewer would be a great way
forwards.  No-one seems to be terribly forthcoming with the APRS-IS
protocol, though.

Gordon