Re: help with wisp

Jeff Wandling W7BRS wrote:

> "WiSP for Windows 95/98 or NT 4.0 is current. Written by Chris Jackson,
> ZL2TPO."

WTF? For suitable versions of "current", perhaps!

> WiSP may be obsolete? What version are you running?

I'll say.

It's one of the odd things I've noticed about software for amateur
radio, though.  It all seems to be really badly written shareware for
old versions of Windows, with no source code available and quite often a
fee required to "unlock" the useful bits - which, if it hasn't been
updated in ten years, you may not be able to get any more!

I would have thought that radio amateurs would have grokked the concept
of open source, if anyone did...

Gordon