Re: 1.2ghz helix

On 29 Oct 2008 at 2:58, w7lrd@comcast.net wrote:

> I am almost finished with a 16 turn helix for 1.2ghz.  I am not sure of what type of matching I should use.
> Some of designs I have  seen use a flat tab on the first 90 degrees of the helix.  What size should it be?  Is there a better way?  I > have a bird 43 with a 1.2 slug for tuning.
> 73 Bob W7LRD

Here is a clever way to match an helix  http://helix.remco.tk/  For 1.268Ghz a 3" tube od with caps seems to fit near the formulas
dimension. The problem is the stub foil dimension on 1.268Ghz could be a pro rata of the S band will be good enough?

Experts idea are welcome with figures for a L band model

"-"

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe