Re: 1.2ghz helix

Bob,

That is what I have used with great success.  Some folks make a
curved line but I just used some 1/4 inch brass strap that I cut to
fit one quarter turn from the coax connector to the beginning of the
helix wire (I use 12ga. house wire with insulation stripped
off).  The connector end of the strip line has a hole drilled to fit
the N-connectort pin and is soldered as close to ground and not short
out.  The other end is only about 1/4 inch farther from ground.  I
drill a hole there for the 12ga wire to connect.

I am using this for a 3-1/2 turn helix feed on 1296 and a 6-turn feed for 2400.
http://www.kl7uw.com/1420helix.htm
http://www.kl7uw.com/1420helix.jpg

73, Ed - KL7UW