ic 970 (Dimitrios Pallis)

Dimitrios;

I own two of them. I have the UX97 and UX98 1.2 and 2.4 GHz modules
(very hard to locate in US). Although I have not been active since
moving a few years ago, I have been very happy with the IC970. Very easy
to operate, excellent LCD panel to look at and great performance. One
troublesome area is the UHF VCO. One of mine went out of lock and it was
necessary to disassemble the sheild and replace the tuning capacitor,
Getting it retuned was a snap. Hardest part was the small bottom shield
to remove and replace.

I think the only drawback is lack of availability of the microwave band modules. Otherwise they have continued to hold value on the resale market.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money"  ;-P