AMSAT symposium - what happened?

Hello to all those who attended Atlanta,

Apart from a new vision statement and a BOD meeting, did anything
actually happen at Atlanta?

I haven't seen the usual "What a great symposium.", "It was great to
catch up with ...", "I was inspired by the ...", "Demonstrations of...
were held", "Hundreds of new members", or "Well done to the organisers"
  type messages.

I haven't even seen the usual announcement for the 2009 event.  Perhaps
there won't be one - that would be newsworthy in itself.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not knocking the event.  It just seems
unusually quiet.

73 de David VK5DG