Re: A little bit of history could be yours

James G3RUH wrote -

>Among other things it was used to make the first transatlantic 1200 bps PSK
>packet contact (via FO-12 in late 1986) with Tom Clark W3IWI, now K3IO.
>Somewhere I still have the cassette tape ...

Good to hear from you James.   You'll be interested to know that I've
recently been using my FO-12 PSK modem & PK88 TNC for decoding signals
from Delfi-C3.   It appears to be working much better than the RASCAL
sound card decoder.  Unfortunately, I can't find and information on the
data format, so I can't be 100% certain whether the end results are
better.  My posting about this seems to have been lost during the
excitement about the ISS & SSTV :-)

BTW nice pictures on those websites you mentioned.

--
73

	 Clive    G3CWV

         Hitchin, North Hertfordshire, UK.