Re: ISS SSTV

The D700 typically operates at 5 or 10 watts. It feeds into a linear antenna on the aft end of the Zvezda service module. Info on the antennas is available at http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/station/reference/radio/antennas.html . Additional operation of the SSTV system is planned but it will be more infrequent until a fully unattended operation is in place.

Kenneth - N5VHO

________________________________

From: amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org on behalf of Mr Jeffrey L Ross
Sent: Wed 10/22/2008 8:15 AM
To: amsat
Subject: [amsat-bb] ISS SSTV

Hi Folks, just got a pic from the ISS. It was not a very good pic but still
a pic. I was wondering how many watts the ISS station is using and what kind
of antenna they have. Anyone know where I can find this information?
Hopefully they will let the SSTV Station run automatically so we will still
have it even after the Space Tourist leaves. Its been fun.
KC8GKF