W9VNE QSO with NA1SS a/k/a The BIG BIRD

I have been visually tracking the ISS for several years. One of my other interests is in star gazing. Now I can say that I have talked to the BIG  BIRD  too. At 1242 GMT  Richard came back : " will the station in Cincinnati come back". Well I decided that he was hearing a lot of alphabet soup  . . . . just numbers and letters and that something different might be useful in catching his ear . . . . so I used my city  CINCINNATI. Well it worked. I have operated from the other side of pileups too and know that you appreciate having something differentiate A signal from the others. A friend of mine who lives about 10 miles from me has it all on a recording. Good luck to all of you who are trying to grab a quick QSO with Richard. I achieved one of my goals in Ham Radio. It was a real thrill for me.

73  Jim W9VNE