(no subject)

Doug, KA8QCY asked:
> Hi all,
>  Would this have been the date for the old time change back standard time in the
> U.S.? Seems like my sat passe are off by a bunch using Instant Track.

I presume that by "old time" you mean to ask "When does Daylight Savings
Time revert to Standard time?"
To understand the way you change the clock, the old adage says
    "Spring Ahead, Fall Back"

Here are two references on the subject:
    The US Naval Observatory
(http://aa.usno.navy.mil/faq/docs/daylight_time.php
<http://aa.usno.navy.mil/faq/docs/daylight_time.ph>) or
    The California State Energy Commission
(http://www.energy.ca.gov/daylightsaving.html)

Both sources give the epoch as 02:00 EDT/CDT/MDT/PDT on Sunday, Nov.2,
at which time you set your clock back to 01:00 EST/CST/MST/PST (except
in Indiana and Arizona). Here on the East Coast, my offest between UTC
and local times changes from 4 to 5 hours.

In Europe, the EU (http://www.worldtimezone.com/daylight.html) makes the
change one week earlier, on Oct.26. So if you are flying to/from Europe
in the next couple of weeks, you can expect airline timetables to be
screwed up.

In the Southern hemisphere the pattern is swapped as the sun moves south
of the equator. See the worldtime
<http://www.worldtimezone.com/daylight.html> web site for details.

73, Tom