Re: WB9L cross-satellite again

> Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 23:14:10 +0000
> From: nigel@ngunn.net
> To: n3tl@bellsouth.net
> CC: sparkycivic@chaw.ca; AMSAT-BB@amsat.org
> Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: WB9L cross-satellite again
>
> The problem is that the satellites were in parallel.
> They have to be series connected to count as a cross-satellite contact.

Satellites in series tend to be called a "dual hop" or "duo-hop" mode.  Satellites in parallel are a new technique, and just as we use "cross-band" for terrestrial contacts made in parallel on two bands, "cross-satellite" sounds like a good name for putting two birds in parallel.

My $.02...

Greg  KO6TH