Re: WB9L cross-satellite again

Well hams use the term "cross-band contact" to refer to a QSO made
using two bands, where one band is the medium from station A to
station B, and the other band is the medium from station B to station
A. By logical extension, a "cross-satellite contact" is exactly what
was going on here.

Note that nothing stated a "cross-link" (or crosslink) between the
satellites, or a "multi-hop" satellite contact. That's what you and
Auke are referring to. But I'll admit that it's an unusual term that
should be defined prior to use.

Oct 19, 2008 07:42:09 AM, jeffk13057@yahoo.com wrote:
    Wouldn't it have to be, for true cross-satellite operation to occur, the downlink of one satellite to be on the uplink of another? I am also not sure this is true "cross satellite" operation. I would have to agree with Auke, that any signal heard by the other sat would have to be a fluke.
    73, Jeff WB2SYK
    --- On Sun, 10/19/08, Auke de Jong, VE6PWN