Re: beginner question re: uplink power

>My initial investment is minimal

>When I assemble the RF switches I must choose a RF
>range....The range is determined by the
> choice of a specific resistor.  The default three >ranges suggested are
> 0-10 watts, 10-30 watts, and 30-100 watts.

The answer is actually in what transmitters or power amplifiers are you
planning to use that fit within your budget?

Watts cost money...

With a limited gain omnidirectional you might best aim toward the middle
range but if you are looking at used SSB/CW equipment at 430, many of the
less expensive older radios only ran 10 watts out. Of course a "Linear
Amplifier" for SSB/CW could move you up but is not necessarily inexpensive.

You might want to just accept the fact that you may need to "climb the
tower" again once you settle on your transmitters.

Roger
WA1KAT

Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2008 1:30 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] beginner question re: uplink power