Re: SSTV Algorithms?

Curt KU8L asked:

> Is there any visible difference between the several available software
> sound-card solutions for decoding SSTV?  Other than soundcard noise, I
> expect that the faster the soundcard samples, the better?

Even the crummiest sound card will record everything
there is to record from a communications-grade audio
channel.

In the case of SSTV you are doing frequency demodulation,
and the more samples, the better. With modern computers
the compute horsepower required is a minor consideration.

All the usual references...

Grid: CN89mg                       pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.05 N 122 56.92 W     - Hospital/Shafte