Re: "Flea Power" follow up...Part 2

Hey John and all.

Congrats on your contacts last night! Best of luck with 100 mW tonight.

I'm writing to offer some numbers in support of the following suggestion - "flea power" isn't ONLY for AO-51's "QRP pair."

To date, I have made 57 contacts running 50 mW rf out, and 24 contacts running 300 mW rf out. Only 27 of those those contacts - exactly 1/3 - occurred when I was working AO-51 on 144.880 up and 435.150 +/- down. The other 2/3 occurred on AO-27 (when it was still operating), SO-50, and AO-51 when I was working 145.920 up and 435.300 down.

Here are the numbers in more detail:

Contacts on .05-watt rf out:
AO-51 (145.920/435.300) - 20
AO-51 (145.880/435.150) - 11
AO-27 - 13
SO-50 - 11

Contacts on .3-watt rf out:
AO-51 (145.920/435.300) - 6
AO-51 (145.880/435.150) - 16
AO-27 - 2
SO-50 - 0

Eleven of those 16 contacts noted just above on 145.880/435.150 occurred last weekend, as posted here earlier. So, this time last week, I actually had made more contacts on AO-51's regular frequency pair than on the QRP pair when running .3-watt rf out.

73 to all,

Tim - N3TL
AMSAT Member No. 36820
Athens, Ga. - EM84ha