Re: ISS on Voice over UK & Europe

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 11:30 +0100, David Barber wrote:
> Richard Garriott was on voice over UK and Europe for the 10.14 utc pass.
>
> Using a mixture of his own callsign and RS0ISS he made a brief contact with
> Cor, PD0RKC and the went on to call RK3DZB, the Cosmonaut Training Centre
> where he spoke with his father.
>
> David
> G8OQW

I heard a little bit of this pass, with the signal absolutely booming in
here in IO75 square.  Then I went outside and realised that my rig
wasn't hooked to the j-pole but to the 6-ele quad, which I'd lowered and
which was lying on the ground under a large hedge...

Seems the ISS is louder than I expected ;-)

Gordon