Re: Jamboree on the Air on AO-51, 18-19 October 2008

Dave Guimont wrote:
> > Drew, KO4MA wrote:
> >> AMSAT-NA is again supporting the 51st Jamboree on the Air (JOTA) Scouting
> >> event by dedicating AO-51 operation to the event. For October
> 18th and 19th,
> >> AO-51 will be configured as a single channel V/U repeater, and
> all users are
> >> requested to standby for JOTA stations.
>
> > If we're home I'll be on....
>
>Dave? On AO-51? Isn't this one of the signs of the apocalypse?

Not really Ben!!  I'm fortunate to have enough equipment to pick an
choose, and have been doing it on the satellites for 28 years...

The money that "went down the tubes" to build and launch an FM only
voice bird is my gripe...And a lot of people do agree with me, but
with the "powers that were" at the time we objectors had no
voice...And I was told so at several conventions pre-launch...

Looks like things are really changing for the better, and it is about time...

Any other questions!!

            73, Dave, WB6LLO
                dguimon1@san.rr.com

                    Disagree: I learn....