Re: vucc

Jim and all,

I agree whole-heartedly. It's not so much that they changed the rules, although I'm dumbfounded at the lengths they are going to in this case. As I said in an earlier post, it's not like there are grid-border stations very often.

The other thing we ARRL members should keep in mind is that - in a perfect world - the leadership of the League is there to serve the membership. I am really curious to know what prompted the changes. I and every other member have a right to know.

73 to all,

Tim - N3TL
AMSAT Member No. 36820
Athens, Ga. - EM84ha
-------------- Original message from "Jim Danehy" <jdanehy@cinci.rr.com>: --------------

I am a long time supporter of the ARRL. They needed, in my opinion, to give a lot of notice to the changes to the standards being applied in the VUCC program. Folks are taking time and spending money to put on rare grids and it goes down the drain if they find out the rules changed. That is called detrimental reliance. Please give a lot of NOTICE to changes. Folks act on the rules that they have become accustomed to over long periods of time. Yes, any operator needs to check the rules before they act. Changes need PUBLICITY too. That did