Re: ARRL VUCC

On Oct 6, 2008, at 9:58 AM, Jim Danehy wrote:

> Does the ARRL question the "Rovers" that take part in the ARRL
> VHF   contests ? I am unaware of any of those operations from rare
> grids being challenged or disallowed. Someone please correct me if I
> am in error on that opinion.

This is a moot point. In the VHF contests rovers are only allowed to
operate from one grid at a time. So if a rover is straddling grids, he
must chose one or the other to send as an exchange and move a
reasonable distance, I think 100 Meters, before the rover can operate
in another grid.

Rover operation in contests is more restrictive than other times, not
less. I rove and I know. - Duffey
--
KK6MC
James Duffey