Re: Programming language recommendation?

I am working on a couple of projects lately. Working with discrete parts
was starting to get tedious so I decided to use a small micro controller
so that my parts count and wiring would be minimal.

If you are interested in working with small Microchip processors, this
is an easy and cheap way to start.go to the software page and download
the FREE PICAXE® Programming Editor Software (free download).

I bought a programmer board kit and qty 5 08M chips (Microchip 12F683)
for $38 shipped from a US distributor.

http://www.rev-ed.co.uk/picaxe/

You can begin programming and simulating even without the chips on hand.

Using the flow chart tool, I have created code for a model rocket beacon
and with help of my son a repeater controller accepting 4 COR inputs.
Multiplexing the COR inputs was stumping me until my son intervened.
Both of these projects simulate well with the above software. Soon I
will download to chips and try out on breadboard.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money"  ;-P