Re: Mode S advice

On 5 Oct 2008 at 18:27, Michael Heim wrote:

 I noticed, while listening in using either antenna, a noticeable amount of deep fades on the bird.  I'm not sure if it was caused by
reflections nearby, or uplink fades on 1269 mhz.

Hi Michael

If your fades are on the S band downlink it is you downlink antenna who probably gives you the fades. I tested a standard BBQ grill screen
meshed and i also got theses huges fades. When i switched to a linear 42 stacked elements (A WIFI antenna)  theses fades disappear
completely. as AO-51 S band antenna is linear i guess a linear antenna is the best choice?

"-"

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe