Re: SSB SP-7000 rejection

Tim,

I have a SP-7000 and get some desense, but I think this is the reason. As I key on CW, the noise floor increases depending on the position of the antennas.

My antennas are only eight feet above ground. I notice the desense level changes as I rotate. If the antennas are a zero elevation, I get reflections back into the 435 MHz helix antenna from nearby objects. If I point the antennas above the ground clutter, I have no desensing.

This is a great preamp. I would try it without the duplexer first. By boom is about 6 ft.

I hope this helped.

Mike (K9QHO) AMSAT  33589