Re: Some more details of XW-1

This sounds like a nearly ideal LEO satellite.

An FM cross band repeater to get newcomers to use the satellite
without new investments.

A linear transponder for more serious work that the FM ops can move up
to. It seems to me that when the FM ops see what others are doing with
the linear transponder on the same satellite it will be a good
incentive to move up. More QSOs, better DX, less QRM.

And a digital transponder for those so inclined.

Kind of one stop shopping.

It could be a bit higher, but one can't hope for everything. - Duffey

--
KK6MC
James Duffey