From: fieldops-bounces@amsat.org [mailto:fieldops-bounces@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Eric Christensen
Sent: Thursday, 02 October, 2008 01:04
To: AMSAT FieldOps; AMSAT-BB@amsat.org
Subject: [fieldops] What do you do with satellites?

I had a question a couple of days ago from someone that thought all you
could do over the satellites was talk.  I explained to him that there
were other things you could do but I'm sure I left out some things.

That got me thinking, though.  I wonder how many people just aren't
familiar enough with satellites to know there are other things you can
do with them than just pick up a microphone and talk.

I've already started writing an article on what you can do with
satellites but I'd love to hear from all the users out there as to how
you operate over the birds.

Please respond directly to me at w4otn@amsat.org.

73,
Eric Christensen, W4OTN
AMSAT Area Coordinator - Southeastern Virginia USA
AMSAT Member 35360
http://www.ericsatcom.net
GPG Key Fingerprint: 4395 EF8D DDFF E681 26CB  7165 2F95 7CC9 D749 08ED