Re: [fieldops] What do you do with satellites?

Eric Christensen wrote:

> I had a question a couple of days ago from someone that thought all you
> could do over the satellites was talk.  I explained to him that there
> were other things you could do but I'm sure I left out some things.

Eric,
	As well you know, I consider the educational mission of our birds of
paramount importance. Don't forget to mention in your article how
they're being used in the classroom to teach a wide variety of subjects.
  A few which come to mind:
	orbital mechanics
	basic electronics
	Newtonian physics
	geography
	linguistics
	meteorology
	cryptology
	thermodynamics
	solar dynamics
	radio astronomy
	earth science
I'm sure I've left out quite a few areas, but my point is, there's far
more for us to do through ham satellies than simply whistle into a
microphone!

73,  Paul

--
Prof. H. Paul Shuch, N6TX