Re: ARISS school contact

Hello David

> Disappointing to note that the BBC's on line news report
> of the ISS school contact today with a school in England
> noted that the contact took place via "satellite phone" doh!
> Bearing in mind there were three or four TV crews there,
> it is surprising that they were not given a handout with
> the facts or that the organisers failed to brief the media properly!
>A bit of a waste of good publicity for ARISS and the amateur radio service

If you are offering to help to do PR then please do so. I don't think any of
the _volunteers_ today profess to be experts in that field.

Of course we'd love to have amateur radio stated everywhere. That is my
prime objective after making a successful contact. It was mentioned in the
BBC clip, but only once. We welcome help from those who are able to make
this work better.

73, Howard G6LVB