AO-51 L/U SSB/FM mode report

Hi,

Today I was qrv on the AO-51 17:43 and 17:20UTC pass. The audio from the L-band receiver was good
on the downlink. The first pass there was no activity. Worked OZ1MY and EA3EMG in the last pass.
There is a slow deep qsb on the satellite coming from the L-band uplink.
When the AO-51 is north from me a strong radar is heard on the downlink.
The SSB/FM mode is an interesting mode to study the L-band uplink propagation.
10Watts + 26 el yagi on L-band is sufficient for Horizon to Horizon communication.

73 Rob PE1ITR
http://www.pe1itr.com