AO-16 Pass at 09:30z

Wow!  This was the first time I worked AO-16.  Of course I was the only
one on AO-16 at this early hour.

Since I don't have any antennas up for satellites at my house (yet) I
worked the satellite from my truck.  I hooked up my arrow antenna to my
FT-857 for receive and used a 5/8 wave vertical on my portable for the
uplink.  I couldn't believe how clear my 5-watt signal was making it to
(and from) the bird!  On that little antenna and my HT I was full
quieting into AO-16!

I can't wait until the next pass!

73,
Eric Christensen, W4OTN
AMSAT Area Coordinator - Southeastern Virginia USA
AMSAT Member 35360
http://www.ericsatcom.net
GPG Key Fingerprint: 4395 EF8D DDFF E681 26CB  7165 2F95 7CC9 D749 08ED