Re: AO-51

On 24 Sep 2008 at 1:24, w7lrd@comcast.net wrote:

> This last pass of AO51 I could hear Luc very well.  I'm having an uplink issue.  Do we need a pl tone?  How much should I adjust for doppler?
> 73 Bob W7LRD
>
> --
> "if this were easy, everyone would be doing it"

Hi Bob

You don't need any tone on the 1.2GHZ uplink. I adjust the doppler here manually this way i can adjust the audio pitch and he's also quite
fast that's why many stations are always aside and they are searching for their downlink in the QRM. I found also that i got an issue on my
5/8" Heliax line i have a 45' run but i discover an anormal attenuation losses. I made some change in a hurry this afternoon and first
results seems to confirm 2 possibility a faulty coax or connector jumper at the station or at the antenna or the SO-259 Heliax termination
at one end induce a too great mismatch?

It takes nothing to ruin the signal at 1.2GHZ!

"-"

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe