AO-51 L/U SSB mode

Hi

Something happen at 2300Z (1900EST) suddenly the audio level jump louder by a factor of 4 i have to reduce my volume level and i found my
TX audio was also much too loud... Now AO-51 look like AO-16 audio and QSO are manageable. I succeed to have one with Clare VE2NPC and i
also copy a lot of station but at the same floor level strength i used to have before my adjustment (see below).
Only Clare VE3NPC signal seems to get over this curious bottom floor level??

To be clearer all the station coming out the satellite are equal in strength? Only Clare was louder as a kind of AGC treshold seems to be
set too high making a kind of squelching effect?

I just made some adjustment here at the end of the afternoon in a hurry and from an uplink signal very marginal it became near Q5!!! i'm
not too sure what i done and if it is what i done who boost my uplink but i will have to make some test again as said something happen also
on the satellite at the same time?

More to come...and i was able to hear my downlink at LOS + 3'!!!

"-"

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE
www.qsl.net/ve2dwe