Re: AO-51 LU Mode

Hi Luc, Ron,

I tried this new & exciting mode this morning.

Since the downlink is on 435.150 I had to change the
70cm antenna from RHCP (fixed) to LCHP. During the
weekend I started that but was not able to finish it.

This morning I connected a coax to one of the dipols
of the Cushcraft 2x8 cross yagi, but most likely
that was done too much in a hurry as I did not hear
anything via that beam. My groundplane antenna did
pick up the downlink, but not noise-free.

With that set-up I could not detect any voice/audio
on the downlink, also not my own signal. I tried both
USB and CW, and used on top of automatic doppler correction
also manual uplink tuning (XIT knob on the TS2000x).

Well, I think I need to continue to get my 70cm RX
in place for both RHCP and LHCP (switchable).
Dom, I8CVS, provided me the diagrams, which are similar
to what I have made for 2 mtrs, so I expect no issues,
apart from running out of time ...

Anyway: after this SSB uplink we have a few days the
FM uplink on 23cm active, another great opportunity !

Looking forward to more reports via this group.

Henk, PA3GUO

TS2000X
23cm uplink; 10W, 35 elements Tonna