Re: Duplexer for Sats

In a message dated 9/22/2008 10:41:01 AM Central Daylight Time,
satkins@inetdesign.org writes:
> Subj: [amsat-bb] Duplexer for Sats
> Date:9/22/2008 10:41:01 AM Central Daylight Time
> From:satkins@inetdesign.org
> To:amsat-bb@amsat.org
> Received from Internet:
>

> Hello everyone.  I've worked AO-51 a few times so I'm not a total
> newbie.  Just joined the list here to ask about building my own duplexer
> for working the sats.  Awhile ago I found a page that described how to
> build one using a pencil to wind the inductors.  It was a really small
> duplexer using RG-174 and SMC connectors.  Does anyone know where I
> might find this web page?  Or have instructions for building a duplexer?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Stephen Atkins
> VE6CPU

Stephen,

Check this out:  http://www.wa5vjb.com/references/Cheap%20Antennas-LEOs.pdf

A duplexer is built as part of the antenna combination, but could be done
separately if necessary.  Any 50 ohm coax and connectors could be used.  This one
does feature inductors wound on a pencil.

73 - Keith, W5IU