Re: First impression

> > ..I too am frustrated by the almost complete abscense of
> > any thing related to AMSAT or the satellites coming out
> > of QST....

> We have no one to blame but ourselves if WE miss the opportunity
> to submit articles to QST. They would WELCOME well-written articles
> on the topic.

I might add that CQ-VHF has invited as much satellite and amateur radio in
space articles as we can muster.  Below are the CQ-VHF Magazine links for
their issue highlights which provide an abstract of what has been published
in the print magazine. You need to get the paper version for the entire
article and pictures ...

AMSAT's 2007 Space Symposium announcements ...
http://www.cq-vhf.com/2007AMSATSymWint08.html

Get Ready For SuitSat-2 ...
http://www.cq-vhf.com/GetReadyForSuitSpr08.html

The ARRL also published an AMSAT article they felt was more timely on their
amateur radio news & features web rather than waiting for the magazine ...
http://www.arrl.org/news/features/2008/03/05/10005?nc=1

I'm not a born writer but the editor staff at CQ VHF and ARRL polished
everything up after they got my basic article and photos.  I'm sure there
are editors standing by for everything else we'd like to tell about
operating satellites!

--
73 de JoAnne K9JKM
k9jkm@amsat.org