Re: Polarity questions

You won't see any polarization difference with a yagi on AO-51 because
it's downlink is circular polarized. So rotating your linear polarized
hand held yagi will make no difference in the downlink signal. This is
an ideal situation for hand held operation. :-)           Now it will
make a difference in our uplink signal.

On SO-50 and AO-27, rotating your yagi to change polarization will make
a noticeable change in signal strength.

AO-51 linear uplink antenna, CIRCULAR uhf downlink antenna
SO-50 Linear uplink antenna, linear downlink antenna
AO-27 Linear uplink antenna, linear downlink antenna

Ernie W8EH