Re: Polarity questions

Theoretically, it's 'infinite', but out in the real world, expect around 20~25dB loss from being completely cross-polarized. When I was doing commercial satellite work, if we could get 26~27dB we were happy, but this was with rigidly controlled satellites and commercial ground stations.
Between linear and circular, expect about 3dB loss.
Jim  KQ6EA