BOD and President

The new president could wind up being a lame duck ... here is why.

the board elects the president at the first board meeting of the new
board. typically it is someone on the board. typically you are elected
to the board and over your years of service on the board are groomed
(so to speak) to be president. you learn the workings of the
organization etc.

there are 7 board members with voting capabilites. there is one
alternate (cannot vote). if all board members are present for a vote,
there should never be a tie unless one member abstains.

now, let's say that someone not on the board (with voting rights) is
elected president. he will only have a vote in order to decide a tie,
thus never being able to offer a measure for vote, never being able to
second a measure and never being able to vote on it.

wouldn't that make the president ineffective and a lame duck?

btw things are fun here in Houston/Harris county. my house is fine
except no electricity or water so stating at my sons apt which has
everything ( a benefit to living near the medical center ). I have
worked a weeks worth of time in 3 days. the next 4 days will be for
mucho overtime. hope andy and marty are okay have not heard from them.

73...bruce

Sent from my iPhone